Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Cabin Circlet MTF by Diane Zechman

Hello Ai friends and happy Tuesday! I am posting on Tuesday this week instead of Monday and today I have a masculine card to share using one of the new Ai Circlet MTF sets. Here I used the 4981- Cabin Circlet MTF set. I have already shared 2 ways that I used the new Circlets and here's the third card I made. I’ll share one more style later!


I wouldn't normally make a circle shaped card for a masculine card, but by incorporating some masculine papers and cross-stitched dies, I think it works. First, I stamped and colored each image. The first two were not fully colored where the matching dies will cut them.


Next, each image was die cut with circle dies and the inside of the first two were die cut with the dies included in the set. Then 3 blue layers were die cut. They are not attached yet here.


Some patterned paper layers were added to the first two and then the circle images were adhered. The matching dies were laid back inside the images and held in place with low-tack tape. These were run through the machine again to cut a window through the first two blue layers.


Now each layer is ready to be assembled. (I decided to add some paper scraps and die cut holes on that first one!)


Using my Scor-Pal, I scored a half inch line at the top of the SECOND and THIRD circles. I didn't want the top of my card to have score marks, for a nice finished look. Then I adhered the layers together using Scor-Tape on those top 1/2" scored areas.


I love how you can peek through from the top circle to the back one!


This circle card opens sort-of like a book.


Great masculine images!


Have a great Tuesday and… happy stamping!

6 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

I absolutely love the way you do these! The circle "book" is just so cute! Going to try this for sure!

Renee M said...

Great card! I always need ideas for guy cards :)

S. Molinari said...

So cute! Love the colors!

Jil Lebel said...

I love everything about this card! The way you folded it is so clever. The deep teal card stock you used on the card really made the images stand out.

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE!!!! Your circlets are so amazing, Diane!!! this is gorgeous!! And what a great way to attach them!! You're a genius!!

Dot J Freel said...

I have to have some of those circle cards! So clever and cute!