Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Old Guys Club by Dana Warren

Hello AI fans!!

Yes, it's another masculine card!! What can I say I was in the mood! Masculine cards can be tough, but a good way to make it easy is a cool manly stamp and manly pattern paper!! For my card I used Art Impressions Old Guy Club Set with Fancy Pants Swagger pattern paper. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I started by cutting some watercolor paper with a stitched die. Then I stamped the Old Guys and then used my Distress Markers to color them up: Tattered Rose, Pumice Stone, Ground Espresso, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot, Carved Pumpkin, Rusty Hinge, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I picked out the vintage looking pattern added it to a white card base. From the same pattern paper pad, I cut a strip of wood grain and cut notches in the ends. I folded it in half and added a brad to the center. With some adhesive, I added the embellishment to the corner of my stamped panel. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
Last, I added the stamped panel to the card with foam tape. Another tip for masculine is to keep it simple: Pattern paper background, stamped and color image and one embellishment!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Happy Stamping!!



6 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Funny grumpy looking old men. Haha!

Karen Day said...

Dana, this is amazing! I love your watercolouring... and that background paper is to die for :o)

creatingincolors said...

How cute!

Kerry said...

Dana, this is awesome! Great choice on the pattern papers and your coloring is amazing!!!

Janis in Indiana said...

I'm new to ai watercoloring. I just want to confirm that you used the markers to color in the image by using a "palette" and paint brush right? You didn't just color with the markers directly on the paper. It's beautiful blending and shading.

diane zechman said...

Dana, I like your cute banner tag! Great coloring!